Poster boards are in portrait format, and authors can make use of the full dimensions of 90 cm width × 200 cm height (e.g. portrait A0 posters as an often-used format fit perfectly). Velcro will be supplied to affix the posters. The ID of each poster and of its corresponding poster board will be given at the venue.
Venue & Display Time
The venue for the poster exhibition is Level 3 Foyer at the Technology and Innovation Centre. The poster display time is from 9 am on Wednesday 22nd August to 5 pm Thursday 23rd August. Authors are kindly asked to put up their posters by 11 am on the 22nd at the latest and all posters should be taken down by 5 pm on the 23rd. After this time, the remaining posters will be disposed of by the conference staff and they will not be stored.
Authors in attendance time
The authors in attendance time is the time when the respective authors of a poster session must be present at their display for presentation. The authors in attendance time is from 15:10 to 16:00 both on the 22nd and 23rd August unless you have received any specific instructions from your session group leader.
* For the posters accepted for ITML (Information Technology & Machine Learning) session group, the dedicated presentation slot is scheduled from 15:10 to 16:00 on Wednesday 22nd August. Each poster presenter will be given total 5 minutes - 3 minutes for the presentation followed by Q&A for 2 minutes.
- Place the title of your paper clearly at the top of the poster to allow viewers to easily identify your paper. Indicate the authors' names and address information in order to allow interested viewers to contact you for more information.
- Prepare all diagrams or charts neatly and legibly beforehand, in a size sufficient to be read at a distance of 1.5–2.0 metres.
- Organise the poster in a way that it is clear, orderly, and self-explanatory. The poster must cover the same content as the abstract. Label different elements as 1, 2, 3, or A, B, C. This will make it easier for a viewer to follow your display.
- Include the background of your research followed by results and conclusions. The success of a poster presentation is contingent on how well you convey the information to an interested audience.
Inclusion of your abstract in the conference programme obliges you or one of your co-authors to present your contribution at the time and in the manner indicated. If you already know that your poster will not be presented, you are asked to withdraw your abstract as soon as possible by email to the EKC 2018 secretary via firstname.lastname@example.org. Not only are unpresented posters frustrating for those people present, but they are also costly as the board space is reserved for your poster. *Please note that all poster presenters should complete the registration. On-site registration will not be available.
Best Poster Award
Encouraging Young Scientist and Engineers (this category is up to postdoc), one out of ten posters from each subject group will be awarded as the Best Poster Award. The poster winners will be announced at the closing banquet on Thursday 23rd August.
* Please note that the judges can refuse to evaluate your poster if your current affiliation do not fall under Young Scientists and Engineers.